Executive Board of Directors
Kenneth D. Rasheed
- Graduate of Winston-Salem State University. Degree in Health & PE
- Retired Operations Manager for FedEX
- Enjoys golf for relaxation
- Retired Educator
- National Board Certified Teacher
- M.Ed.- Winston-Salem State University
- BA- Winston-Salem State University
- BS- Winston-Salem State University
- Member- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- Retired Customer Service Rep. – Western Electric & Lucent Technologies
- Past National Treasurer for ABLE – Alliance for Lucent Employees
- Certificates in Microsoft Office Systems from Forsyth Tech. & Central Piedmont College
- (Charlotte, NC)
- North Carolina Notary Public
Gloria W. Whitmire
- First grade teacher with Winston-Salem Forsyth Co. Schools
- National Board Certified Teacher
- UNC-Greensboro Master of Education
- NCCU – Elementary Education
- Who’s Who Among American Teachers
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
Board of Directors
Guilford Technical Community College
• Conducts formal assessment of Literacy Education Information Systems (LEIS)
• Manages the collection, analyzing, and reporting of Adult Basic Education Second Language students’ progression
Forsyth Technical Community College
• Teaches World Civilization and United States History (HIS-111, HIS-112, HIS-131)
Bennett’s Family Care Greensboro, N.C
• Organized, directed, and coordinated aspects of in-home services for persons with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
• Mentored minority male students in social and academic affairs.
MASTERS OF SCIENCE NC A&T STATE UNIVERSITY
• Major: Adult Education
• Minor: History (18 graduate credits)
• Leadership Studies (6 graduate credits)
BACHELOR OF ARTS UNIV. NC A&T
• Major: History
• Major: African-American Studies
Phillip T. Carter, Sr.
• Community Activist within the African American communities of Winston-Salem, N C to ensure that my people are empowered economically, politically, educationally, and socially.
• Currently on the boards and committees listed below.
• Housing Justice Now (2019-current
• Paul L. Dunbar Group CDC, Inc; Spencer N.C. (2018- current)
• Cooperation Winston, Winston-Salem (2018-current)
• Noble Cause, Winston-Salem (2018-current)
• Experiment in Self-Reliance (2014-current)
• Chair/ Precinct 404 Malloy Jordan Library (2014-current)
• Forsyth County Nursing Home Advisory Committee, (2011-current)
• President of DAAP-FCNC (2011-current)
• Church Lay Leader, Saint Andrews United Methodist Church
• State Executive Member of the NC State Democratic Party (2011-current)
Top-performing, detail orientated, highly skilled and qualified accounting professional with over 12 years of experience in finance, data analysis and analytics, monthly reporting, financial reporting, budget management, internal auditing, reconciliation, strong analogical skills, and customer service.
LIBERTY UNIVERSITY – Lynchburg, VA
magna cum laude
Controller and Contracts Coordinator
Lora J. Smith
• Attended NC A&T State University
• Twenty-six years working for Partnership for a Drug Free North Carolina as a Program Specialist
• Treatment Engagement Expediter for Surry County NC as a substance abuse drug trend presenter
• Coordinator for Safe and Drug-Free school classes at JF Kennedy School in Winston-Salem, NC
• Thirty-Five years of experience working with youth and families.
• Workforce Development Professional, Adult Educator, Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (DEI) Champion
• Assistant Center Manager, NC Works Career Center, Surry County
• B.A. Broadcast News, M.S. in Adult Education - NC A&T State University
• Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Member
Dr. Patsy O’Neal Squire
• WSSU, Bachelor’s Degree -Early Childhood Education.
• Gardner Webb University, Master’s Degree- Curriculum and Instruction
• Northcentral University, Doctorate-Educational Leadership
• District Title I School Improvement Program Specialist
• Executive Director of the WS/FCS Title I program.
• Winston-Salem State University, Adjunct Professor
• Forsyth Technical College, Adjunct Professor
• Children’s Hope Alliance, Foster Parent
• Teacher of the Year, Old Town Elementary
• Winston-Salem State University Alumni Association
• National Association of University Women
• National Sorority of Phi Delta Kappa, Inc.
- Educator (Exceptional Children-Inclusion)
- Teacher & Community Activist
- Servant Leader
- Winston-Salem native
- Grant Writer
- One of the founders of Hate Out of Winston
- Graduate of the University of NC Greensboro, (2002), (2013)
- Aspiring Writer